Wednesday, August 15, 2012

ROMNEY IS A SPOILED BRAT

An article in the Washington Post cites Romney as saying in a speech, “Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago and let us get about rebuilding and reuniting America.” Doesn't that sound just like a kid from your childhood whining after losing a game, or not being picked to be on a team?

That article had some great comments. Here is one series of posts and replies:

Lee1865
11:52 AM EDT
I have to tell you all, I'm in the top 5%, and I am not hurting. My family's income went up by 50% in the past four years. Yes, the value of our house plummeted, but we're not moving, so it's irrelevant. It just means I pay less in property tax. Republican policies put me where I am. Am I grateful? No. Young graduates are un- or under-employed. The roads around me are full of pot-holes. My streets aren't plowed in the winter or swept in the summer. The local library, the local museums are dying ...See More
lindakinne
11:55 AM EDT
Thank God for someone who gets it!!!
BullyLover
11:55 AM EDT
Ditto - my husband and I are in the top 1%. AND because we have brains and hearts know that there are people who weren't given or weren't capable of taking the opportunities available to us. We'll be voting for Obama.
AngelaO48
11:59 AM EDT
Same here - my husband and I are also in the top 1% and will be voting for Obama. He's the only intelligent choice. Our lives will not change by paying more taxes, but our nation as a whole will be better off the more teachers, police, firefighters have a living wage and job.

Not everyone is blessed as we are., and to quote another "community organizer" "Whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do it for Me"
lencharette
12:03 PM EDT
Nick Hanauer the self made millionaire even made a video ( it's on YouTube ) about this. He is only going to buy so many cars, so many pair of shoes and so many washing machines and can only go out so often. We need millions of people to do these things over and over. That would create jobs and boost the economy.
roaxle
12:04 PM EDT
Thanks to all of you. I'm not even close to the 1% or 5%--retired public school teacher--but even I can afford to pay more taxes. I have everything I need, most of what I want, and enough to give a bit to charity. But what would gratify me most is to see everyone with a job that pays a living wage.

No comments: