Monday, October 13, 2008

My entry in the Washington Post "Pick your President" contest

Here is the electoral map I submitted for the Washington Post "Pick Your President" contest:

<p><strong>><a href='http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008/pick-your-president/'>2008 Election Contest: Pick Your President</a></strong> - Predict the winner of the 2008 presidential election.</p>


The toughest picks were W. Virginia, Indiana, and Missouri. I had to pick Missouri for Obama, as it has been the bellweather in presidential elections. W. Virginia I gave to McCain because of the redneck factor, and Indiana I gave to McCain because of his 2-3 point lead in the polls and the fact that Indiana went 60% for Bush in 2004.

UPDATE: I am a little worried that Missouri will stay red, as a result of reading an article about this billboard in the Ozarks:

UPDATE 2: Today I am worried about Nevada. I didn't think too much about it, but I have reservations now that it will flip to blue.

No comments: