Friday, September 19, 2008

A topic close to my heart - Michelle Obama

I just bought Michelle Obama's biography by Elizabeth Lightfoot - the Kindle version, which has been available in advance of the print version. I posted the following review on amazon.com:

An American Success Story that Inspires Me, September 18, 2008
By
A. Wong - See all my reviews

I am so excited to read this biography of Michelle Obama. She is smart, beautiful, hard-working, and a dedicated mother. For people who say you can't do it all, Michelle is the proof that you can! And she does it with grace and elegance, all from the heart, with sincerity that many other political figures don't show. My only regret with this Kindle edition is that I can't share it with my daughter!

I hope people will buy the Kindle edition or pre-order the book from Amazon. Right now Sarah Palin's biography is #11 on the Kindle best-sellers list; Audacity of Hope is #21, Dreams from my Father is # 34; while I can't believe Michelle's biography is ranked at #4789.

A great piece about Michelle's comment "For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country..." is posted on OpEdna. Edna writes exactly what I have been feeling:

Semantics aside, for anyone to tell any member of any minority in America that they need to be proud of everything their country does is absolutely ridiculous. I can make a laundry list ten pages long of American actions I’m not proud of from the last year alone.

The best comment in the post, though, is this one:

The pool of honest journalists is drying up quickly these days. Must be global warming.

UPDATE: Listen to Barack Obama talk about Michelle:




No comments: