Wednesday, September 17, 2008

O Lord, how long shall I cry for help?

I signed up for two daily e-mails from Sojourners. One is Verse and Voice, which sends a Bible verse and a commentary or short devotion, along with links to other sites of interest. The second is the Daily Digest, which looks at 3 or 4 main stories in the news from a progressive religious perspective. Read Jim Wallis' "10 Reasons Why This Election Should Be About Issues and Not Personalities" here: http://blog.beliefnet.com/godspolitics/2008/09/ten-reasons-why-this-election.html.

The verse for September 15th is so appropriate:
O Lord, how long shall I cry for help, and you will not listen? Or cry to you "Violence!" and you will not save?Why do you make me see wrongdoing and look at trouble? Destruction and violence are before me; strife and contention arise.
- Habakkuk 1:2-3

No comments: